What to Expect
What to Expect
- First, the artist will need to do a patch test on the skin at least 24 hours before the procedure. Make sure to call and book a 15 minute consultation prior to!
- Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
- The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape.
- Next, the artist chooses the color.
- Initial strokes are placed, then anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort.
- Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
- After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
- Once that's finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly.
- After the service, the artist will apply protective cream that will remain on the skin for 12-24 hours.
- Is there any after-procedure care? Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following: • Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
- Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience
- has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.